Baked Falafel Pie
Easy-to-make, healthy and super yummy, this pie is your new dinner staple!
Falefel Pie Recipe
1 cup dried chickpeas
1/2 large onion, roughly chopped (about 1 cup)
3-4 cloves of garlic
2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley
2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh cilantro
1 tsp salt
1/4 tsp dried hot red pepper
1 tsp cumin
1/2 cup flour (use GF oat flour for gluten- free option)
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 cup water
For the pan:
2 Tbsp sesame seeds
3/4 cup hummus
1/2 cup chopped tomato
1 large cucumber, sliced
1/4 cup Kalamata olives
yogurt-tahini sauce (see below for recipe)
1. Put the chickpeas in a large bowl and add enough cold water to cover them by at least 2 inches. Let soak overnight, then drain.
2. Heat oven to 190°C / 375°F.
3. Place all pie crust ingredients in the bowl of a food processor. Process until blended but not pureed.
4. Liberally oil the bottom of pie pan. Sprinkle with 1 Tbsp of sesame seeds.
5. Add the falafel mix into the pie pan and pat it down until it is uniformly flat. Brush the top of the falafel with more oil and sprinkle with remaining Tbsp of sesame seeds.
6. Bake just until the top appears dry and the falafel is firm to the touch, about 20-25 min.
7. Top falafel with hummus, cucumbers, tomatoes and olives. Drizzle with yogurt-tahini sauce. Serve.
Quick Yogurt-Tahini Sauce
1/2 cup soy yogurt
1-2 tablespoons tahini
1/2 teaspoon finely minced garlic
1 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
sea salt, to taste
ground pepper, to taste
Whisk together yogurt, tahini, garlic, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Thin with water to obtain a smooth sauce.
Watch how to make this recipe:
Don't miss our latest video recipes, subscribe to our Youtube channel: https://goo.gl/fiU7Et
Don't like this list? Edit it and make your own list!
Don't like this list? Edit it and make your own list! We will pubish it on our site! You can share it with your friends on Facebook, Twitter, etc