6 Easy and Amazing 3 (or less) ingredient Ice Creams
It’s a dream if you can make something healthy AND tasty. Try these creamy, dreamy, and totally dairy-free ice cream.
The recipes are so simple, you don't even need an ice cream maker for making them.
Happy churning, mixing, spinning, and freezing! :)
One Ingredient Banana Ice Cream
1 large ripe banana
1. Start with ripe bananas: They should be sweet and soft.
Peel, cut and put the bananas in an airtight container: A freezer-safe glass bowl like this one is fine, or you can use a freezer bag. Freeze for at least 4 hours, but ideally overnight.
2. Blend the frozen banana pieces in a small food processor or powerful blender: Pulse the frozen banana pieces. We've found that a small food processor or chopper works best. Blended banana to creamy, soft-serve ice cream. If adding any mix-ins, like peanut butter or chocolate chips, this is the moment to do it.)
3. Transfer to an airtight container and freeze until solid: You can eat the ice cream immediately, but it will be quite soft. You can also transfer it back into the airtight container and freeze it until solid, like traditional ice cream.
Here are a few favorite mix-ins to make it even more awesome:
• Spoonful of any nut butter
• Handful of chocolate chips
• Dollop of Nutella
• Tablespoon of cocoa powder
• Half a teaspoon of spices (cinnamon, cardomom, ginger etc.)
• A few Nuts
• Fresh or Dry Fruit
Berry & Avocado Ice Cream
1 cup frozen berries (blackberries, blueberries, raspberries... )
3 tablespoons agave
1. In a blender, combine all ingredients and blend until uniform.
2. Because this base is already cold, you can serve it immediately.
Sweet Potato Ice Cream
1 ½ cup of sweet potatoes
1 cup of almond or coconut milk
5 tablespoon of date syrup
3 tablespoon of raw cacao powder (optional)
1 teaspoon of cinnamon (optional)
1. To cook the sweet potatoes juts peel them and chop them into chunks and steam them until nice and soft. Leave them on one side to cool.
2. Put cooked sweet potato in the freezer for 8 hours.
3. Blend all ingredients in food processor until super smooth and creamy. Cover a baking tin with parchment paper (so the ice cream will not stick to the bottom).
4. Because this base is already cold, you can serve it immediately.
5. Scoop it out into a bowl and top with coconut chips, cacao nibs or your favourite toppings.
Pumpkin Ice Cream
1 can full-fat organic coconut milk
¼ to ⅓ cup pumpkin puree
3 tablespoons agave nectar (or honey or pure maple syrup)
¼ teaspoon pure vanilla extract (optional)
1-2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice (optional)
1. In a blender combine all ingredients, and blend until smooth.
3. Pour mixture into a container and freeze for 3 hours.
4. Remove frozen mixture from container, into large chunks and place in a food processor and process until smooth and creamy. You may need to stop and scrape the mixture with a spatula several times.
5. Smooth the "ice cream" into a loaf pan and place in the freezer for 1 hour to set.
Scoop and enjoy!
Creamy Mango Ice Cream
3 cups frozen mango chunks
½ cup canned coconut milk (full-fat recommended)
2-4 tablespoons agave nectar (or liquid sweetener of choice such as honey or maple syrup), to taste
½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract (optional)
pinch of salt (optional)
fresh mint (optional)
1. Place all ingredients in your high-powered blender or food processor.
Process until you get a smooth and creamy mixture and there are no more mango chunks. Do not over process or it will begin to melt.
2. Serve immediately. Enjoy!
Peach and Yogurt Ice Cream
4 cups frozen peaches chunks
¼ cup honey (or agave nectar)
½ cup soy yogurt
1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice (optional)
1. Add the frozen peaches, agave nectar (or honey), yogurt and lemon juice to the bowl of a food processor. Process until creamy, about 5 minutes.
2. Serve the ice cream immediately or transfer it to an airtight container and store it in the freezer for up to 1 month.
Don't like this list? Edit it and make your own list!
Don't like this list? Edit it and make your own list! We will pubish it on our site! You can share it with your friends on Facebook, Twitter, etc